School Counseling Staff
John Hickling has been the school counselor for Central Campus since the 2018-19 school year. Previously, he has taught general and vocal music, Spanish, and been a counselor at all grade levels K-12 in Iowa and Illinois.
- 2007, MSEd, Buena Vista University, School Guidance & Counseling
- 1999, MME, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Choral Music Emphasis
- 1992, BA, Monmouth College (IL), Music Education and Spanish (minor)
Contact: Email (preferred) – John.Hickling@dmschools.org || Phone – 515.242.7676
Jennifer Scott joined the Central Campus counseling staff in 2020. Previously she was a high school counselor in southern Iowa for nine years. She has taught Spanish and English language learners and coached softball, volleyball, and archery, also. Outside of school she loves to travel, read non-fiction, listen to true crime podcasts, and go camping and riding ATVs with family and friends. She enjoys hanging out with her dog Jax as well.
- 2018, Certificate, Morningside College, Iowa Go Alliance Academy
- 2008, M.S.Ed., Buena Vista University, School Guidance & Counseling
- 1999, BA, Iowa State University, Spanish with endorsements in Secondary Education and ESL
Contact: Email (preferred) – Jennifer.Scott@dmschools.org || Phone 515.242.7674
Mary Moua has been the school counseling assistant for Central Campus since the 2018-19 school year. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Services with a concentration in Child and Family Welfare. Mary is a huge foodie and enjoys traveling, learning and exploring new places and cultures but mostly, she loves spending time with her family. Most weekends are spent surrounded by family, fishing/camping, and watching a lot of horror movies.
Contact: Email – Mary.Moua@dmschools.org || Phone – 515.242.8117