2023-2024 School Year
Central Academy and Central Campus
Student Parking Information & Agreement
Central Academy and Central Campus are fortunate to have some space available for qualifying students to park their vehicles. The following information will provide answers on how student parking works at Central Academy and Central Campus. Parking rules will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety of our qualifying students and staff.
Who qualifies for a parking permit?
- All out of district students.
- DMPS Seniors who take 4 or more courses daily at Central Academy and/or Central Campus.
- This can be 4 courses at Academy, Campus or a combination of both programs.
- Those students who qualify are required to complete the parking agreement contract.
- Qualifying students must bring the following to register for a parking pass:
- A valid driver’s license or school permit.
- Vehicle registration
- License plate number
Where can qualified students park?
- 2020 and 2140 Grand Avenue parking lots are the ONLY parking lots where qualified students with permits are allowed to park. The image below provides the location of student parking by black arrows. (lots G and F) Any areas marked with an X is off limits to students.
How Do I Get a Parking Permit?
- Parking permits can be obtained at the front foyer desk at Central Campus only.
- Handicap parking is available and can be assigned in other lots.
- Parking permits will be available beginning the first day of school.
QUALIFIED STUDENT PARKING RULES
Safety, Rules, and Etiquette of the parking lot
- Students are only allowed to park in lots F or G, no exceptions.
- Students must always have an official Central Campus parking permit visible.
- Students must park in spaces properly.
- Speed will not exceed 5 mph.
- No burnouts.
- No parking on grass, fire lanes, or sidewalks.
- No parking in handicapped parking without a proper state issued permit. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
- No passengers riding on the outside of the vehicle (example: in the bed of a pick-up truck, on the hood of a car etc.)
- All students who qualify to park in the student parking lots must complete the parking agreement.
- Students who are caught plagiarizing parking passes may be ticketed or towed by the city and will lose future privileges to park on Central Academy and Central Campus property.
- Students found parking in lots other than lots F or G, or who don’t have a parking pass, will be ticketed or towed.
*Violations of any of these rules and expectations can result in the students being ticketed or towed.
PARKING VIOLATION CONSEQUENCES
Sequence of Consequences for Violating Parking Rules
- 1st violation: warning each semester and parents contacted
- 2nd violation: $20 ticket issued, and parent/guardian contacted.
- 3rd violation: $20 ticket issued, or parking privileges revoked.
- 4th violation: Central Academy and Central Campus may request that the vehicle be towed at the owner’s expense.
*These consequences are for the students with parking permits. Vehicles without a school parking permit are subject to the City of Des Moines ticketing and towing without warnings.