Central Academy Places First at UW-Platteville High School Mathematics Contest
Central Academy was the top team at the 41st Annual High School Mathematics Contest held at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville as DMPS students captured more than half of the individual honors presented.
Students from Central Academy won 23 of the 45 Division I All-Academic Team honors at the contest, which was attended by more than 500 students representing 30 high schools from Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois.
Of special note are the accomplishments of 9th grader Ankita Chatterjee, 10th graders Zach Lin, Peter Oswald, and Jack Wahlig, 11th grader Harry Crane and 12th graders Granger Carty and Patrick Hiatt who earned perfect scores. Lin earned a perfect score for the second consecutive year!
Listed below are the Central Academy students, along with their home high school and grade, who earned All-Academic honors:
- Edel Aron – Roosevelt, 12th grade
- Granger Carty – Roosevelt, 12th grade
- Ankita Chatterjee – Roosevelt, 9th grade
- Akanksha Chilukuri – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Harry Crane – Roosevelt, 11th grade
- Helena Gruensteidl – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Patrick Hiatt – Roosevelt, 12th grade
- Allison Kochheiser – Lincoln, 10th grade
- Shivani Kumaresan – Roosevelt, 9th grade
- Abbott LaPrade – Roosevelt, 9th grade
- Zach Lin – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Gabe Mintzer – West Des Moines Valley, 9th grade
- Peter Oswald – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Chris Palmer – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Finn Pilcher – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Max Pilcher – Roosevelt, 12th grade
- Nathan Rider – Hoover, 10th grade
- Rachel Schneider – Roosevelt, 11th grade
- Andrew Shumway – Roosevelt, 10th grade
- Kristina Smith – East, 11th grade
- Vaibhav Srikaran – Johnston, 12th grade
- Matt Voss – Roosevelt, 9th grade
- Jack Wahlig – Roosevelt, 10th grade
The Central Academy math students are taught and coached by Michael Link, Lana Lyddon Hatten, Mike Marcketti, Joe Obrycki and Brian Reece.